KSP Khemist Sustainable Programme
Khemist Sustainable Programme (KSP)
We believe that while developing our business, we must also fulfil the environmental sustainability. This belief guides every decision we make. We are promoting this belief through the natural world, and believe that the nature is not only the thing worth cherishing and protecting, but also it is a role model of sustainability. We also believe that the company's profits and environmental responsibilities will produce increasingly inseparable synergies in future business development.
■ Khemist raw materials and production management
In order to be responsible for the sustainability of nature, we will give priority to raw material suppliers, processors, manufacturers and logistics providers whom are with an international organic certification. Take the Australian production plant as an example. The plant is an organic product manufacturer certified by the largest local certification body for organic and biodynamic products, Australian Certified Organic (ACO). The ACO certification ensures compliance with national and international production standards, and allows traceability to the source of all products. Representatives with ACO certification have also been recognized by the following organizations.
• Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, Australian Government
• Freshcare Certification
• USDA, U.S. Department of Agriculture
• IFOAM, Organics International
• Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan
• NAQS, National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service, Korea
■ Khemist product standards and ingredients
Our products are manufactured using organic and natural ingredients, and are manufactured in factories that have obtained ACO, GMP and ISO standards; and are produced in accordance with strict international environmental protection process guidelines. The pure essential oils, oils and plant extracts contained in each product are ALL natural ingredients. The other additives in the body care series, including foaming agents, emulsifiers and preservatives, are also derived from plants, which are harmless to the human body and nature, and have excellent biodegradability standards.
• No SLS, Parabens, DEAs, MEAs, TEAs or petroleum minerals
• No artificial colours and chemical flavourings
• No animal testing
• All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner
• All ingredients must be bio-degradable as possible
■ Khemist packaging guidelines and materials
In response to the concept of environmental sustainability, , we will try our best to use recyclable and post-consumer recycled materials for our product containers. For each set of packaging we develop, we will bear in mind our responsibility to the environment. In addition to working to minimize packaging materials, we will also give priority to the packaging that has been regarded as the world's most rigorous forest management system certification materials (FSC™) and recycled paper (Environmentally Friendly paper). This means we will:
• Provide recyclable packaging.
• Use the most environmentally friendly materials and the post-consumer recyclable materials as much as possible.
• Minimize packaging size, weight, and production procedures.
• All partners are required to meet the same set of standards.
■ Khemist sustainability investment
In order to effectively promote the KSP's sustainable development plan, Khemist will allocate 20% of its pre-tax profit in each fiscal year, and invest it in the KSP Sustainability Fund. This fund is used to support and promote various environmental protection works. This is the joint of our brand and customers. Put in resources and work together to restore the environmental condition of our beautiful planet.